The Seiko Prospex LX line. The true spirit of Seiko.
Ever since it released its first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko has created many watches that have found favor among sportsmen including professional divers to explorers. Among these many creations, the 1968 Seiko Professional Diver’s watch struck a special chord with successive generations of sports watch enthusiasts, thanks to its robust design and high functionality. Today, the spirit of this classic sports watch is expressed anew in a line of watches for sport on land, in the sea and in the sky. The line’s name, LX, hints at the Latin word for light and is a subtle nod to the way that light is reflected in the broad, flat surfaces of each case.
The design of the Prospex LX line strikes an unusual balance. On the one hand, it is true to its heritage and its overall appearance reveals its strong link with the 1968 professional Diver’s. On the other, it is thoroughly modern in its execution. The center of gravity of the case is lower so that the watch sits comfortably on any wrist. The upper side of the case is set at a more pronounced angle to allow the Zaratsu-polished surfaces to shine more brightly.
Most of all, the contemporary feel of the LX line is revealed in the use of Seiko’s advanced 5R Spring Drive caliber, which offers one-second a day precision alongside high levels of shock and temperature resistance. With these attributes, 5R is the perfect caliber for use in all types of sporting and adventure environment; it has been worn successfully both in space, when it travelled to the International Space Station and was worn on a space walk and at the top of the world, when Yuichiro Miura wore a Spring Drive watch on his third successful ascent of Mount Everest.
- Case Material : Titanium case with super-hard coating
- Glass Material : Sapphire
- Glass Coating : Super-clear coating
- Case size : Diameter 44.8mm × Thickness 14.7mm
- Band Material : Titanium bracelet
- Clasp type : three-fold clasp with push button release and slide adjuster
- Caliber no. : Spring Drive GMT 5R66
- Movement Type : Automatic with manual winding capacity
- Power reserve : Approx. 72 hours
- Accuracy : ±1 seconds per day (±15 seconds per month)
- Water resistance : 20 bar
- Magnetic resistance : 4,800 A/m
Other Details / Features:
- 30 jewels
- GMT Hand
- Screw down crown
- Date display
- Screw case back